Mango Chicken Stir Fry
Adapted from Cooking Classy www.cookingclassy.com/2015/03/chicken-and-vegetable-stir-fry/
16 oz Chica de Gallo mango pineapple salsa, divided
3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth (substitute vegetable broth for vegan option)
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 pound chicken breasts, cubed (omit or substitute tempeh or tofu for vegan option)
1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 1/2 cup broccoli florets, broken up into bite-size pieces
1 1/2 cup chopped carrots
1 bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
1 cup yellow onion, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
1 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
Brown rice for serving
1. In a blender, combine 1 cup Chica de Gallo mango pineapple salsa, chicken broth, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Pulse until smooth. Measure out 1/2 cup for marinade. Pour the rest of the mixture in a small bowl and whisk in cornstarch.
2. Cube chicken. Pour marinade over chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
3. Chop or mince vegetables as indicated above.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a wok or high-walled pan over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and add chicken to wok. Cook chicken for about 3 minutes, or until halfway cooked through. Add in broccoli, carrots, bell pepper, onion, and ginger. Cook for 4 minutes, tossing occasionally. Add in snap peas, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Whisk soy sauce mixture and add to wok. Cook for 2 minutes, or until sauce has thickened, tossing frequently.
5. Serve hot with rice. Garnish with mango pineapple salsa.